Linggo, Disyembre 4, 2011

My Journal To The Story: The Fisherman and His Wife

This story has made me wonder why a person is not contented on what he/she has. I remember when I red it in our class activity in English 2 ,that the "wife" is not contented in the gifts that the enchanted fish has given her. But much to my dismay, her insatiable greed drove the enchanted fish to retract all that he had bestowed on the couple and instead of residing contently in a castle the Fisherman and his wife end up back in a shack. 


I kept pondering the futility of it all this constant desire for more and more without truly and deeply appreciating and enjoying what is a theme that has endured the test of time and continues to plague some discontented souls today. Greed has led to many downfalls and  most likely always will. Sadly, many people are like this now a days even though they are poor but still craving for more impossible things that they can't buy or get despite their condition in life, sometimes this leads to doing bad things if they can't get it like stealing because of his/her hunger for that thing. 


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento